Thursday, September 11, 2008

New post...cause Stacey said I needed one!

Hi all,
I just noticed the comment from Stacey that I needed to update the blog so here goes (I guess I had writers block something).

As you can see by the previous post...today is Logan's third birthday. Boy it hardly seems possible. Hope he has a wonderful day filled with lots of fun things. Tracy is back to being a professional truck driver. It just so happens that he is in California today and his load was for a Macey's store just thirty minutes from San Jose. He is hoping to spend some time with Logan and Jami and family before heading back this way.

On the Tracy note...by the time he gets home this time he will have traveled 10,000 miles in the last three weeks. He has been to New York state and back, Portland Oregon and back and now he is in Pleasanton California. He says east is east but west is better! The scenery is beautiful along I-80. He and I communicate a lot during the day. I am kind of acting as his unofficial navigator. I tell him how far he is from his next sleep over town and find the nearest Holiday Inn Express (his hotel of choice) for him ahead of time.

We are busy as a family preparing for Melissa and Devon's wedding. We are looking forward to being with family and friends for this wonderful occasion.

The kids are all getting settled in school again. Jackson is in 4th grade and Brandon is in 2nd grade (they go to the same school and see each other sometimes at school). Riley is in the 3rd grade at his new school, Mt. Hope elementary school on Hwy P. Emma goes to a new pre-school that is bi-lingual so she is learning Spanish. (see the Daleen blog for more news on that.) Jami says Logan is starting a new pre-school also. It will be a big adventure for him as he goes out into the big world and spreads his wings. Issabella is crawling but would much rather be walking. She only crawls long enough to get to something to pull up to.

It appears that Dev and I have no news about ourselves to report. Same stuff, different day. But then that is what life is, isn't it? We are ever grateful for our health our children and grandchildren and our wonderful extended families and all of the blessings that life has to offer.

I want to take this time to say congratulations to Raven, Thorn and Tempest Knight for their great accomplishments in their studies (and thanks for the great picture). They are three beautiful and smart little ladies!

Congratulations to Officer Melissa Miller on graduating from the police academy in Topeka KS. Way to go Melissa!

July and August was a busy time for birthdays anniversaries (and a wedding) for our families. So belated happy birthday, anniversary and other special days to you all. I was looking in our newly created "Family Directory" and those are busy, busy months for celebrations.

Ok, so I have rambled on long enough. I will try to think of something interesting to say in the future but if not, I guess I will just keep rambling!

No comments: