Okay, so I'm a little bit behind on my postings. I just didn't have that much to report. Since I seem to be living vicariously through my kids and grand kids I guess that they should be doing things that a a bit more exciting.
Let's see...Being a police officer in Berkeley, is busy chasing bad guys. (Some more exciting than others.) Thanks to all who called to make sure that he was NOT the officer who got shot a couple of weeks ago. Kelly is busy making a name for herself in her new job. She has been traveling the last couple of weeks. Emma continues to become more and more bi-lingual as she goes to her Spanish speaking pre-school, Los Ninos. Jackson has been to a couple of camps this summer. Bubba and Snickers (the Daleen dogs) are doing fine as far as I know.
Tracy has been busy cris-crossing the country driving a truck. He went to the Los Angeles area three weeks ago, then New Jersey, then Seattle and Portland and this Saturday he went to San Mateo, California. Not his favorite trip to date. He had barley gotten started when he began to have mechanical issues with the truck. They told him to keep going as long as he could. He got almost to Denver before the truck decided it was done. Tracy called for a new truck but by the time they offloaded his stuff to the new truck he was almost out of hours. He push on to Salt Lake City where he met a tow truck who towed him and his (good) truck to California so he could sleep. He drove the load the rest of the way to San Mateo where he delivered his load on time. He now on his way back home.
Melissa took a girls only trip to Florida at the end of July. She had a good time (except for her sunburn). Devon took his boys camping to Johnson's Shut-in this past week-end. Actually they stayed in a cabin but the boys had a lot of fun. Dad fixed foil packs that he cooked on the campfire and and they boys stuffed themselves like it gourmet food. (Maybe it was all that fresh air!) Riley got stung by a wasp and Brandon and Devon got a bit bruised up falling on the rocks. All in all the trip was a big success and I am sure the boys can't wait to go again.
Mike and Sarah are doing fine in Oklahoma.
Now you have it, the Harris family in a nutshell. I would fill you in on what Dev and I have been doing but there isn't anything to report. We don't do much. (see there is a reason I haven't written on the blog for awhile.) Once I fell behind on the birthdays and anniversaries there was just no easy way to catch up. I will try to start posting them soon. (Most of you have them in your little family directory anyway.
As you can see, Melissa took Isie to have her picture taken this week. I hope you enjoy the smilebox presentation. I want to take the kids to the park one of these days and take there pictures so I will have them to post also. (don't hold your breath for that to happen though...I'm not that great on follow-up sometimes.)
So long till next time!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment