I guess it's safe to say that I am a little behind getting things posted on the blog. There hasn't been a lot to report (I guess it's our slow season) but we did have some birthdays in February. Laken Buell (Feb. 2) and her Uncle Dave Miller (Feb. 22) both in Kansas. Happy Birthday to you both. Hope you had a great day that was special just for you. Jeff Huster (Feb 23), hope you had a great day. Mike Harris celebrated his big over the hill 40Th birthday. Happy Birthday to you (remember it's not the years, it's the miles). Benjamin Huster had his great big 1st birthday on the 20th in Illinois with a whole bunch of his family (who love him very much) there to help him celebrate. Happy, Happy Birthday Benjamin!
LAST BUT NOT LEAST...our very own Isabella celebrated her very big 1st birthday on February 8th. As Isabella's grandma I am contractually obligated to tell you that she is very, very cute and really smart. She has been walking since she was 9 months old so she is now a pro. Every day she finds something new to master. We don't have doorknobs in our house we have levers and Isie mastered them last week. You know what that means...closed doors are only closed so she can open them! Isabella we love you bunches and you make us smile...a lot!
Riley came over this Saturday so Papaw could help him with a project he had for his music class. Everyone had to make a musical instrument. I came up with the idea of making a set of musical chimes and came up with a design for them. Riley approved the idea and the design and he and his Pawpaw set out to create them. They went to Lowes and bought the copper pipe and wood needed for the project and then they commenced building. Riley cut all the pipes with a pipe cutter and he cut the wood with a jig saw. He drilled pilot holes with the power drill and screwed all the screws in with the power screwdriver. He then stained the wood and hung the chimes. It turned out great!! It looked so good that Papaw wrote a letter to the teacher so he would know that Riley did 95% of the work himself. I was going to take a picture of it to post on the blog, but I forgot. Maybe I can put a picture of it on later.
So now you have it. February in a nutshell. Mostly (like most of you I imagine) we have just been sitting around watching our 401k's drop like a rock. If you were one of those people who voted for change...you got your wish...all we have left in our pockets is change. I wish I could say with certainty that at least there's no place to go but up, but alas, I don't think that it's so. So comrades, I look forward to a better March. Thank goodness that global warming is going to kick in soon because it's been damn cold.
Till next time, take care, I will try to do something more noteworthy in the future.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love it!!!! Don't balme me, you know who I voted for:)
Post a Comment